b. 1961, United States
Bill Finger received his MFA in Photography from the Rochester Institute of Technology in 2005. His work has been exhibited across the United States and is included in the permanent collection of the George Eastman House Museum of Photography. Bill's images have been published in the books Light & Lens and Exploring Color as well as the European magazine Fotograf.
Bill lives in Seattle with his wife Anna and their two pugs Boo and Cleo.
- MFA, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY, USA, 2005
- BA, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, NC, USA, 1983
George Eastman House of Photography, Rochester, NY, US
Paramnesia, George Eastman House Museum of Photography, Rochester, NY, US 2006
- In a New Direction, Wall Space Gallery, Seattle, WA, US, 2008
- Aqua Art Miami with Platform Gallery, Miami Beach, FL, US, 2005
- Dark States, Platform Gallery, Seattle, WA, US, 2005
- Square Foot Show, AWOL Gallery, Toronto, Canada, 2005
- Arts of Southeastern North Carolina, Cameron Museum of Art, Wilmington, NC, US, 2001
- Photographic Image Biennial, Wellington B. Gray Gallery, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, US, 2001
- Portfolio of Images, Fotograf Magazine, number 8, vol. 5, 2007
- Light and Lens: Photography in the Digital Age, Focal Press, Robert Hirsch author, 2007
- Exploring Color Photography: From Darkroom to Digital, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill publisher, Robert Hirsch author, 2005
Photolucida's Critical Mass, Top 20 Finalist, Portland, OR, US 2006
Interview with Bill Finger. In conjunction with the group show, Dark States at Platform Gallery (2005), art collector, writer, and blogger James Wagner (www.jameswagner.com) interviewed Bill about his work.