b. Canada, 1966
Wayne Dunkley is a varied media artist working in photo imaging, writing, and internet-based projects. He sees his practice as facilitating spaces (real, imagined and virtual) that combine contemplation and wonder with public engagement.
Wayne graduated in photography from Ryerson University, Toronto and received a Masters of Theology from The Toronto Schools of Theology, University of Toronto. Wayne continues to practice and live in Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Website + Email
- M.Div, Wycliffe College, Toronto Schools of Theology, University of Toronto, 1995
- BA, Ryerson Polytechnic University, Toronto (Still Photography Studies), 1989
- The New Lands, The Great Hall, Toronto, November 1998
- The Untitled Land, The Great Hall, Toronto, December 1995
- Racing the Cultural Interface: African Diasporic Identities in the Digital Age, Mount Saint Vincent University, Halifax, Canada, January 2005
- Racing the Cultural Interface: African Diasporic Identities in the Digital Age, Neutral Ground, Regina, Canada, October 2004
- Skinjob, Inter-access Electronic Arts Gallery, Toronto, September 2002
- International Exhibit on Peace, Swords Into Plowshares Peace & Justice Gallery, Detroit, USA, 2002
- Paul D Fleck Award for Innovation in the Arts, 2002
- Golden Web Awards Personal Website Award, 2000
- Shift Magazine, Shift List, September 2000
- Baddeck New Media Festival Personal Website Award, 2000
Writings and Reviews
For a complete listing please visit Wayne's personal website.
Full ResumeDownload (PDF)