Eamon Mac Mahon |
Eamon Mac Mahon
b. 1976, Canada
Eamon Mac Mahon is a photographer/videographer currently based in Montreal. Mac Mahon's photographs have appeared in various publications including the Walrus, National Geographic, and the New Yorker, as well as exhibition spaces such as the Griffin Museum of Photography, Higher Pictures NYC and San Jose's Institute of Contemporary Art. A large-scale, year-long exhibition of his ‘Landlocked’ series, described as ‘magnificent and mysterious’ by the Globe and Mail, was presented at Toronto's Pearson International Airport during CONTACT 2008. His video work has been exhibited at The Power Plant, The Detroit Institute of Arts, and the Music Gallery in Toronto. Mac Mahon also spends much of his time creating video projections for stage productions. He has been named one of PDN's 30, published in three of Magenta's 'Flash Forward' books, and nominated for the Prix Pictet. He is represented by Bau-Xi Photo.
- Sheridan College of Applied Arts, Applied Photography Diploma, 1998
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- Islands in the Woods, Bau-Xi Photo, Toronto, 2011
- Landlocked, Bau-Xi Photo, Toronto, 2010
- Landlocked, Exposure Gallery, Ottawa, 2009
- Ice Fields, Pikto Gallery, Toronto 2008
- Landlocked and Aerials, Toronto Pearson International Airport, CONTACT Festival, 2009
- The Last Twenty Days, The Drake Hotel, Toronto, 2006
Selected Group Exhibitions
- Collecting Photography, Collecting The World, Beaverbrook Gallery, 2012
- Passing on a Curve, Art Gallery of Ontario (AR+SG), 2011
- Size Matters, San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art, 2011
- Trashfoodfuelwaterair, Toronto Free Gallery, 2010
- Les Battements, Maison de la Culture Frontenac, Montreal, 2010
- Canadian Collection, G20 + G8 Summits, Toronto + Huntsville, 2010
- Applied Arts Awards, Conceptual Photography + Editorial Photography, 2011
- Art of Photography Show Award, 2010
- Prix Pictet Nomination, 2008
- PDN's 30, 2008
Eamon Mac Mahon
About The Work
Eamon Mac Mahon's Water photographs
Alphabet City and Circuit Gallery are pleased to present an extraordinary opportunity to own an exclusive special edition of three photographs by Canadian photographer Eamon Mac Mahon, which he has donated for this sale.
In these spectacular images drawn from his contribution to AbC's Water anthology, Mac Mahon explores water in a variety of states, from frozen to gaseous to tumultuous.
About the Print
These editions, supervised by the artist, are printed with archival pigment inks on a satin photographic paper. The ink and paper combination have a display permanence rating of 150+ years. All our prints are made with the greatest attention to quality and a concern for permanence.
About the Artist
Eamon Mac Mahon
Work by Toronto-based photographer/videographer Eamon Mac Mahon has appeared in various publications including W Magazine, National Geographic, New York Magazine, and The Walrus, as well as exhibition spaces such as The Power Plant, The Detroit Institute of the Arts, the Griffin Museum of Photography in Boston and Higher Pictures, NYC. His work is included in numerous international, private and corporate collections including the Art Gallery of Alberta, Concord Adex and Bank of Montreal. He was awarded the 2007 HP Prize for Photography, nominated for the 2008 Prix Pictet and has been named one of PDN's 30 International Emerging Photographers to Watch.
Mac Mahon also spends much of his time creating video projections for stage productions, and working as a cameraman on short films and documentaries.